Wednesday, April 20, 2016

No Sleep ,till Brooklyn

As often it happens, when I shut my eyes for sleep, my mind decides it wants to hold a conversation. Something I may have seen, read or heard sparks a random story idea. And before I know it, the hours grow early and despite my sense of NEED TO GET TO SLEEP YESTERDAY!!!!! , I struggle to give in.
The following is the first blush thought that plagued my attempt at sleep a few nights ago:


You have just finished reading a new book.A book that introduces a character that you recognize as yourself .A book whose ending of the story changes depending on who is reading it.A book that you must give to another person within 24 hours or the ending you just read....starts to come true.

You have to "convince" the person to read the first sentence of the book in the same 24 hr time frame.If they do not , your version of the story continues down it's path. Depending on who you give the book to, your "character" could appear in the new readers story.So you're not out of the woods ,yet.

Perhaps it's a cursed soul, trapped in the book. Someone who had a history of dishonesty.Now trapped in this book and forced to tell truths in the text. But being a bad spirit, it's natural tendencies take over and it starts telling half truths and leads the reader with subliminal suggestions .Somehow ,it can read the reader and it changes the story to take parts from their personal life. In fact, it feeds off it. Giving new meaning to a book sucking in the reader.


No comments:

Post a Comment